We have managed to get hold of several articles about the RC17. Most articles reviewed the bike very favourably. For your reading pleasure, they are reproduced here.
- List member Greg’s thesis on the CBX family, with emphasis on the NightHawk 700
- CBX750FE (RC17) vs VFR750FG
As far as we are aware, none of the following articles have been reproduced with permission from the copyright holders. We ask that you do not copy them.
- Australia’s Motorcycle Trader Magazine November 2009
Reproduced with permission of Motorcycle Trader
- Australia’s Two Wheels RC17 review
- Australia’s AMCN RC17 review
- UK’s BIKE magazine
- UK’s Mechanics magazine
- USA’s Motor cyclist magazine
- UK’s Motorcycle International magazine article Running and Riding from 1990
- A Reader’s Wheels article from a British motorcycle magazine
- Tetsu Kiuzawa’s CB750 (CBX750-descendant) Naked Class race bike
- British Superbike magazine’s comparison of the CBX750 with the Kawasaki GPz750 from 1984
- British Superbike magazine’s review from 1985
- Classic and Motorcycle Mechanics 1999 comparison between the CBX750 and Suzuki’s GS850.
- A fairly glowing report of the CBX750 from the British ‘UMG’ (Used Motorcycle Magazine).
- We found an article from the German magazine ‘MotorRad’ about a long-term CBX test, but it was all in German (obviously!). Former list member Aaron kindly translated it for us, and you can find the results here along with the original.
Team RC17 Australia would like to thank the following people for their contributions to this section:
- Clem from Queensland for providing us with the ‘Two Wheels’ review
- Team member Chris for the ‘BIKE’ and ‘Mechanics’ articles
- Team members Robin and Darren for the ‘Motorcycle International’ article and pictures
- Team member Carey for the “Reader’s Wheels” article
- Team member Alan for the two Superbike articles, and the C&MM article
- Team member Stephen for the UMG article
- Former Team member Aaron for translating the German article for us